Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Houston

Recently we went and visited family in Houston and stayed in this amazing Hotel called Hotel Zsa Zsa. I truly think it is one of the most fantastic hotels in Houston. My Aunt knew the Hotel Marketing Director and was able to get us a $450 Suite for $99 a night. The first thing the kids did when they walked in the room was eat the chocolates that were on the dining room table and no they did not save any for us. The bathroom there was extremely kid friendly. I say this b/c the shower is directly outside of the tub, so the kids could splash all they wanted too. Luckily I brought their bath toys so they really enjoyed this. My only complaint and the same time LOVED It was that you had to valet. Tips everyone! Lots of tips! But oh how nice to have your vehicle waiting for you when you get downstairs and people to help you and your kids into the cars. Their concierge service was also very useful and they spoiled the kids with ring pops. Here are some pictures of the room and our view.

Do any of you remember my blue Saturn? Well I gave it to my mom......I am just happy I get to visit it once or twice a year. It was my very first car and was a gift given to be by my Uncle Jim for graduation.

On the way to Houston we stopped at the rest stop and let the kids walk around. They found this turtle statue and can you believe it, got them both to pose? They are the cutest!

One of the places we visited in Houston was the Childrens Museum. Someone should have warned me. It was the craziest place I have ever been in my life. There were kids everywhere and it was a huge mistake to even think about bringing the smallest of strollers in there. The kids absolutly loved it. Inside there is a Kid Town that is run by kids. They can work there, be the customer, vote, shop.....EVERYTHING. And it was insane. Jesse and I have never been so tired in our lives!!!! Next time we go we are going prepared to spend the ENTIRE DAY!
My favorite part of the entire trip and the one thing we did not get pictures of was our time spent babysitting my cousins John & Abby's new baby girl Lily. She was so cute and tiny, and I must say I got a touch of the baby fever just holding her. Yes, the baby fever is gone now but I think in a few years just might return. We shall see. =)

2 comments:

Lisa and Aaron said...

That was a fancy hotel room! I've never seen a shower/bathtub area like that, what a great idea! lol Looks like y'all had a great trip!!

Holly said...

That does look like a fun trip. Houston is a fun place to visit. I've never stayed in such a fancy hotel, for sure :) That was an amazing deal, too.