Saturday, September 6, 2008

Hello, hello!

So we survived the Hurricane with much thanks to Jesse's parents. We went to their house because they had a generator and also because there would be other kids there that our kids could play with and would not get bored. A plus was they have a gas stove so we had hot meals as well. We were not really suffering. I did miss my house though, which is just fine. I went by today with intentions of opening the windows and airing it out and to my surprise the electricity was on. I was so happy I mowed the grass. I have wierd ways of showing my happiness.

Anywho, on my way to my inlaws last Sunday something on my car broke, I don't remember what Jesse said it was but it was not good and will most likely be very expensive to fix. We allready have our other car in the shop and that is also very expensive to fix and we should be getting it back sometime next week. Luckily my inlaws are the best in the whole world and are letting us borrow their truck until we atleast get one of our cars back.

Well, another hurricane just might be approaching. Ike I believe. My temple sealing is 13 days away and I still have yet to send out invitations because of the darn hurricanes. I am so determined to have this Luau because I have spent so much money on it allready and we have people from the other side of the world coming and I don't think their tickets are refundable. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

KathiNiels said...

So glad that you have your power and that you are able to get back to normal somewhat. I'm praying that Ike misses you and praying that hit doesn't hit Houston but...not good either way.

I'm soooo excited about coming to BR and to have the great privilege of seeing you and Jesse sealed together and to your sweet boys. I'm on COUNTDOWN TIME :).

Hugs to you and yours! You are in my prayers. Say hello to your wonderful inlaws for me.

Jenn said...

Let me know if you need help with that. SO glad yall are ok. It's hard leaving home, but sounds like that was a good decision. I can imagine if the kids were bored, it might not be so great. :) We spent this past weekend in DS b/c Markus' Pawpaw had power. Fun stuff.