Thursday, April 17, 2008

I don't want to join the loose tooth club!

So on the way home today I hear Ben crying in the back seat. I ask him what is wrong and he says that he has a loose tooth. He then said, "Momma, how am I going to be able to eat if all of my teeth fall out?" I then explain to him that not all teeth fall out at the same time. He then proceeds to ask me how we can make his teeth stronger so they won't fall out. I told him that it was inevitable and that both Daddy and I had lost all of our teeth and got big new ones. Thinking he was ok with that I continue driving and a little while later I hear him crying again. So I ask him again why he was crying. He then tells me very loudly in between sobs, "I don't want to join the loose tooth club! I am not ready!" Trying to stay serious because to me, this is hilarious! I tell him that everyone does it and if he looked closely at some of his friends at church he would see that they had lost a couple and were surviving just fine. This seemed to make him feel better and he proceeded to tell me that just last week Jackson Degraph had lost one of his front teeth and he seemed to be doing allright. I was glad because he sounded so sad.

2 comments:

The Awesome Rawsons said...

aweeee...Ben is so smart. Does he know that even superman/spiderman/fill-in-idolized-character-here had to lose his baby teeth and get big boy teeth when he was growing up?

Unknown said...

Ben really thinks things out on a deeper level then most kids. Thanks for sharing this story. I love it.