Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Long time no blog

So here I am, feelin guilty because I started this blog to communicate to my friends and family what we are up to and I have not been keeping up my end of the deal. Anywho, we Mallory's have been extremely busy. My best friend Kimberly got married the weekend before last and that was so beautiful. When she came down the isle I cried, and I am not talking about a one tear drop cry, I mean full on snot running down your nose is anyone looking at me I hope not cry. Yes, it was embarrasing but it was a beautiful moment. And then just like all of my other friends (yes you Courtney) she left me and went to Texas. I am starting to wonder what is so darn special about Texas and if I need to be there! I keep praying for an answer to that and what I am getting back goes something like this, "My dear Cherie', you need to hold your britches and finish out what you got going on where you are. You are doing enough. Quit worrying." Ya know what? I think he is right. Here is what is going on, we are selling our house so that we can move back to Baton Rouge to be closer to friends and family, once that is done I am going to quit my job and stay at home with my two beautiful children who crack me up, we are working on starting some kind of business (not sure what that is yet but I am sure it will be FABULOUS once we find out), and Jesse is going to start school. Not only that but our kids have so much that they want to do themselves. So through all of that transitioning, and I cannot believe I am going to quit my job (can you hear me hyperventalating? I hope I spelled that right=) we have come to the conclusion that we need our friends and family to make it through it and they are all right here. Texas might be in our future though, who knows! I really hope everyone is doing well. Please keep in touch and let us know how you are doing and I promise I will do a better job at updating this blog.

3 comments:

Becky Sharp said...

Yes, what is it about Texas? Two of my best friends live near Dallas. They keep trying to get me to move down there. Who knows...maybe we'll all end up there!

The Awesome Rawsons said...

you know what? I miss you! I think about you all the time. I'm still figuring out this whole migration to Texas thing, but I have to say, things are nice here.
You know what else? Timing is everything. Two years ago we were considering a move to Houston and it was completely a different feeling than the feeling we had when we considered this move to San Antonio. The reason was that two years ago we were at a point in our life where we needed to be close to family and friends. Not that we don't need that now (we do!) but I can safely look back and say that it would have been disasterous if we wouldn't have listened to the Spirit back then and that now we are going towards a better life because we listened to the spirit with this move. Sometimes something that is good for us isn't quite good for us till the timing is just right. I hope timing brings you guys closer to us; but whatever happens, I hope that what is best for you is what you seek from Heavenly Father because I know that in His time, that is exactly what he'll bless you with. Love you girl!

Aunt Deb said...

I don't know what is so great about Texas either and I live here.

So you are thinking about starting a business! Good for you!!!! Here we are thinking about selling a business. I just sold one of them in February and now am considering selling another. That will leave me with one business still in my pocket.

I love reading your blogs and try to remember to log on periodically. Give the boys a kiss for me and that means Jesse too! :)