Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Just a little venting

Ok, I am going to vent a little and I need feedback please. Bens teacher went on Maternity leave starting the middle of September, ever since then he has had a sub, whose name I do not know because she never told us. Anywho, I am big on communicating with teachers, and I consider myself extremely nice about it. If I have a problem or a question I just write a note and put it in his folder and await the answer. His regular teacher cheerfully always responded. The sub, responds in short sentences with exclamation points, so I pretty much feel like she is yelling at me. Today Ben came home and told me that she said she could not understand my handwriting. True I have injured my hand recently but it is not that bad. And instead of telling my son she should have just written me back and told me herself. I can not wait for his regular teacher to come back. Pray that it does not get any worse than this and I have to schedule a conference with this poor person and unleash my not so nice side.

Has anyone ever had this problem or is it just me?

3 comments:

jamie said...

Slap that hoe!

Cherie' said...

Jamie, you have no idea how hard I laughed when I read your response at 6:20 this morning. I had to call Jesse and tell him because I thought it was so funny!

The Awesome Rawsons said...

Cherie,
I'd be irritated too!!!
She needs to communicate with you and not through Ben. Notes, e-mails, text messages...all can be confusing and misleading. She might actually be better in person, but not very good at communicating in other ways. I think it might be good to meet with her so you can see for yourself what type of person she is, what her intentions are, and to clear the air about your feelings. You might meet her and like her, or possibly your gut will be right and she'll be short and ugly like her notes. Either way, I think a face to face or an over the phone are necessary to see.