Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Should Be An Interesting 4 Years

Well, history was made last night and I think that is great. At the same time Obama was not my choice for president and I am grieving a little today. I usually do not like to speak out on politics because I believe it is just as personal as a persons religeon but I must say I am a little worried as to what the next 4 years might bring. Watching John McCain give his speech last night was hard, it was so obvious that he should have been the next president. This person with so much patriotism and experience. But now I must humble myself and say Congratulations Obama for doing what seemed to be the impossible. For making it to the White House with the least political experience a president has ever had. For being voted into office to "make history" being the first black president. I say this because all of the people I saw on TV last night said their reason to vote for him was to "make history." I am all about making history but I don't do it on the basis of someones skin color. I thought we as a nation were past that. If people were not voting for a person because they were black it would be called racist. To me it is just the same the other way around and even though everyone says they want to be created equal now more than ever I feel the divide. If anything this election has done that. It shouldn't be about what skin color you are, we are all americans, brothers and sisters in the eyes of our heavenly father. I will be happy when the day comes that skin color is not even mentioned. I believe in order to forget the past you must forgive and that means everyone from all faiths and backgrounds. I hope, really hope that my instincts are wrong about you Obama and you aren't going to do half of the crazy things you said you were going to do and actually think about the people in this country and the wonderful soldiers, one being my brother in law, who is serving to protect this great nation. I hope you surprise me Obama.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I hope he surprises both of us. I'm still speechless.

Unknown said...

I do wonder why any person would be interested in being president of a country with huge problems. I hope he doesn't live up the expectations that I have of him because they just aren't very high. I've left the news channel alone and decided to ease my pain by watching HGTV instead. I echo Jenn...I hope he surprises us.