Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I can't wait to go to the Temple



I can't wait to go to the temple. This past Sunday one of the students in my primary class got up and gave her testimony. This particular student is one of the more active ones in my class. The kind that you never think you are getting through too. Well, during her testimony she talked about how she could not wait to turn twelve so that she could join Young Womens and finally go to the temple. She said it was something she has wanted to do for a long time. She then thanked her primary teachers for everything they taught her. I of course was in tears and was so very proud of her. Her mother, like myself, was shocked. She told me that all of those family home evenings that she thought she wasn't paying attention actually paid off. What a blessing.

I think of how Jesse and I have come to where we are now spiritually. There have been many people that we owe a lot too for being such wonderful examples for us. There are the missionaries shown below that seemed tailor made for us because they shared our dry sense of humor. We like to goof off and as you see in the picture below so did they. They have all returned home now but have told us that they will be here for our sealing. We are very lucky.

4 comments:

Karlee said...

I'm so glad that you told me about your blog! I LOVE finding out that people have blogs! Congrats again on your sealing! That's SUCH a HUGE step in life and it is something that will bring your family closer and happier! I'm SOO happy for y'all!

Jenn said...

I remember her testimony and how sweet it was especially coming from a girl her age. She will soon find out how much of a blessing going to the temple is when she turns 12. How exciting that you had a part in that. I'm happy to hear of you and Jesse's sealing coming up soon. I remember mine like it was yesterday and how hard it was not to cry. It was all ever wanted.

Becky Sharp said...

I'm so excited for you and your family, Cherie'! I wish we could be there. Temple sealings are the most wonderful thing to be a part of, especially when there are little ones there. It is the sweetest thing to see. I wish you all the best and we'll be thinking of you.

KathiNiels said...

Cherie, just found your blog. Can't tell you how happy I am for you, Jesse and your sweet little boys. You can count me in - I'm there :). Really looking forward to the day of your endowment and sealing.