Sunday, July 6, 2008

Waiting for the Day.....

I am so excited! Last week I scheduled our Endowments and Temple Sealing. Endowments will be on September 18 at 7pm and our Sealing will be September 20th at 2 and then we are planning to have an Open House at the Easley's afterwards. I was given a piece of advice today and that was to wear water proof mascara. I agreed b/c when I see my little ones look like beautiful little angels in all white I am going to burst into tears. And to look at my husband and know that after that our family will be together for time and all eternity......goodness, I am crying allready. For those of you who live out of town but would like to make it please email me at treetheshee@yahoo.com and give me your address and I will send you an official invite.

The funny part about all of this was that while I was scheduling our sealing I was on my cell phone in the drive thru of a bank and didn't even notice that I took their tube and drove off until I was getting Jackson out of the car later. Luckily they were not upset, they said it happens all the time.

Today we got to see a lot of our friends at church that we have not seen in a long time. It was really nice. Before I joined this church I had some friendships that if I saw them at the store today we probably wouldn't say hello to each other. But something I have noticed about the people that belong to this church is once you become friends, that is a friendship that lasts a lifetime. I am so grateful for the true friends I have made since joining this church. For once in my life I actually trust a large variety of people, which because of my upbringing I couldn't before.

As I read my Ensign last night on Sharing the Gospel Using the Internet I decided that I was going to post more on what makes me happy the most and that is our church. I think a lot of people have a lot of misconceptions about who we are and what we are about so hopefully someone who reads this will feel the spirit and maybe ask a few more questions that will guide them in the right direction. It is funny because being a new member I am probably the worst "missionary" there could be. Lately they have been talking a lot about that in our sacrement meetings and I kinda put my head down. I think I heard one guy say he was going back to talk to a waitress him and his wife had the other night. That is dedication. I think as Jesse and I grow in our understanding of the gospel we will be more attuned to those types of situations. Until then, this will have to do.

Hope everyone had a safe 4th of July!

No comments: