Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Messes and learning


This pictures is a perfect example of how busy I am throughout my day. Messes like this happen every hour on the hour. Because he seems so content with his mess I can do nothing but laugh. I know there are days that I feel like I have cleaned the same mess 20 times, but I can honestly say I wouldn't be anywhere else. Being there to clean up his messes is the highlight of my day. I remember when I sent him off for other people to clean up his messes, and kiss his bo bo's when he got hurt, or teach him to be nice and say kind words. Now I am that person, and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Ben also keeps me busy but in so many good ways. In the morning during breakfast we have our scripture story, then afterwards our workbook and while we eat lunch we read a story out of the Friends magazine. I can see him growing into such a compassionate person. His prayers are so heartfelt it moves me. I feel like I have taught him a lot this summer and he also has taught me. I have been able to grow closer to my Heavenly Father through my children. I am very thankful for that.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Are you not working anymore during the day??? If not that is sooo... awesome! Jesse was telling us in nursery a while back how yall were trying to get to that point.