Tuesday, December 16, 2008

So this year I decided to keep things pretty simple, especially since we have all been under the weather. Since I didn't send out Christmas cards I thought I would post something here.

This year has been a very good year for the Mallory's. Thanks to my hardworking husband I was able to quit a job that I was no longer fond of and stay at home with my adorable boys. Jackson has really flourished because of this and every day he makes me smile and laugh uncontrollably. Ben also has done a lot better in school because he has mom there with cookies when he gets home and help with his homework. He is now rarely bringing home a C on any of his papers and his reading has improved a ton. He is also very good at Math which is great.

As I have been staying home I have found out that I am actually very crafty. I have redone furniture, redecorated rooms, completed a scrapbook project, and just yesterday finished two paintings for Jacksons room. (I have two more to do to complete the series and when I have them finished I will post them) I have also started a website on saving money and craftiness which really has been a lot of fun and to all of those who supported me thank you so much!

Jesse has been working extremely hard and we are just so very thankful that in times like this, when the economy is so bad, he has a steady job. We are so fortunate to have him as he can fix just about anything including our cars, which seem to not like us so much anymore. Jesse will be attending BRCC in the Spring to work towards his degree in Electrical Engineering. We know it will take awhile but no worries, you have to start somewhere.

We were sealed this year, and were so lucky to have most of you there to celebrate with us. We switched wards, which even though we loved the Baton Rouge Third Ward we love our Denham Springs Ward just as much. We have made so many wonderful friends this year and have grown even closer to our old ones. Thank you all for being a part in our lives and we hope you have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Your family is so great! So happy to hear everything is good for yall. We are so happy for you. :)

jamie said...

Random question...but...is my sister in your ward? Does she go to church??? (Jill Kinchen)